Registered Nurse - Pediatrics
Job Type: Travel
Location: Omaha , NE
Pediatric Registered Nurse Job:
Pediatric nurses give care to the sick and ailing babies, toddlers and children in healthcare facilities and homes. They work as part of a team with physicians, other nurses and healthcare professionals to provide care, monitor health conditions, plan long-term care needs, administer medicine, use medical equipment, perform minor medical operations, and advise patients and their families on illness, care and continued care after a hospital stay.
Pediatric RN Qualifications:
- Active RN license in specified state
- Nursing degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Minimum of 2yrs experience in Pediatrics
- BLS, NRP and ACLS required (STABLE preferred)
Pediatric Registered Nurse Duties & Responsibilities:
- Critical-Thinking Skills: Pediatric nurses will need to assess a patient's health, as well as detect changes in symptoms, health or pain, and will need to know when action is necessary.
- Compassion: Nurses help people. You will need to be sympathetic to a patient's needs, and be able to deal with people in various states of pain, trauma and tragedy.
- Attention to Detail: Nurses can help doctors operate, administer medicines and work with specific treatments that, if wrong could prove fatal. Attention to detail is crucial.
- Organizational Skills: Nurses will face multiple patients, with differing needs, stages of health and risks. Being organized and knowing how to prioritize will be helpful.
- Calm Under Pressure: Nurses might face emergency, life-or-death situations. Being able to function in the heat of emergency will be necessary.
- Patience: Giving care under stressful circumstances requires patience.
- Communication Skills: Nurses might communicate directly with patients who are scared, in pain or in shock. Families will have questions and want answers. Nurses need to be a patient listener and good communicator to help keep everyone calm and help them understand the situation.
Benefits of Being a Plains Medical Staffing Travel Nursing Employee:
- Premium pay
- Prestigious facilities
- Flexible scheduling
- Immediate access to the industry's best recruiters and healthcare facilities
- Private housing or housing allowance
- Group health insurance benefits
- Retirement benefits